Sunday Morning Medicine is a feature from Dancing Astronaut dedicated to the mellower side of electronic music. We bring you our favorite therapeutic selections — old and new — in an attempt to alleviate the agonizing effects of a long weekend of partying.
This week’s edition of Sunday Morning Medicine features a wide array of genres, from progressive house, to deep house, to deep dubstep and more. Starting off with a brilliant Robotaki remix of The M Machine, we move through selections from Disclosure, J. Sparrow, Pleasurekraft and DEVolution.
1. The M Machine’s Metropolis Remixed included some truly phenomenal renditions. Robotaki’s progressive house take on “A King of Alone” is one of the cleanest of the entire package.
2. Disclosure’s “Help Me Lose My Mind” was arguably the chillest song on Settle, yet somehow SOHN has managed to make it even more laid back with his soothing official remix.
3. J. Sparrow is a master of mellow, enveloping dubstep. With emphasis on a clean, morphing sub-bass and a non-invasive approach, J. Sparrow’s remix of Annie Drury is delightfully deep.
4. Pleasurekraft are masters of refined tech house, yet they took it a bit deeper and housier for their collaboration with Jace0 and Vedic. “Chloroformd” will have you curiously head bopping all the way through.
5. Finally, while we’re on that more upbeat groove, we end things with DEVolution’s infectiously dancey “My Friends.”